Sunday, December 21, 2008

tales of a babysitter



I babysit all the time, so here are some stories from recent babysitting jobs. :) 


       One day I was babysitting a five year old and he asked me how old I was. I wanted to see how old he thought I was, so I made him guess. "8?" he asked. "Nope..just a little bit older.. Guess again!" I said.  Next he guessed that  I was 25. I told him that he was wrong and to keep guessing. Then he guessed that I was 81. "Do I look 81?!?" I asked. "Yep." he said very assuredly. Finally I told him I was 14. lol 

         This same day I took the 2 boys to the park. I left some lunch leftovers on the counter because I didn't know what to do with them. I decided to deal with it when we got back because they were very eager to leave! We had a good time and they had a fun time making and smashing castles. After about an hour I took them back home. We got back and I went to take care of the leftovers. As I walked into the kitchen I instantly noticed that they were gone! The plate was there but there was not a crumb left! I started freaking out!! What if someone had broken in and eaten the scrumptious leftovers?? but that didn't make any since. I started to search around the kitchen frantically! Finally it donned on me that the dogs had stolen it!! I felt really stupid. Moral of the story:don't leave out leftovers

 
       One evening I was watching a three year old boy and his two older sisters. The girls were playing a interesting game on the computer where they designed dresses. You could pick a type of dress and fabric and stuff like that. Anyway, I was watching them for a couple minutes and telling them what I thought of the dresses they made. I glanced over at the 3 year old and he was hanging out by the Christmas tree...all good. So I kept watching the girls play their game. After a few minutes I went to check on the little boy. I found the little guy with scissors in hand and there were a bunch of ornaments on the ground..Uh oh.. He had cut just about 15 ornaments off of the tree while I was distracted, watching the girls!!! "_____ why did you do that?!?!" I asked. "I'm sorry" he said all innocently. I couldn't get mad at him because he was obviously very sorry. I had to tie the ribbons or find new ribbons for all 15 ornaments. Moral of the story:don't leave a three year old alone for even 2 minutes! 


             One day I was babysitting for this prayer group. Everything was going wonderful until a couple of the boys found some balls. Now mind you that the room I babysit in for this prayer group is right above where the moms pray. It is a two story house and the room is  like a large ledge type room on the second story. One of the boys got some crazy idea in his head. He grabbed a ball and threw it right down to where the moms were praying. I heard a couple of the ladies giggle and the little boy who threw the ball looked very proud. It was very embarrassing especially because some of the ladies made comments about it after they were done! 

7 comments:

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

Sorry I wanted to add something else to my comment. You're lucky that you already get to babysit a lot. I will get to babysit a lot when my sister has her baby. Except for awhile the baby will be newborn. But probably if its my sister I wouldn't want her to pay me because that would be weird, I'll have to wait and see. Sorry this is really long! One more thing. You have a good story collection!

Lauren Ann said...

Great post. Very interesting. The only people I have ever babysitted are my little sisters.

Sierra said...

Those are some really funny stories!!
Thanks for sharing =)

Brooke said...

Those are funny and cute. I liked the first one. Kids I babysit always seem to ask how old you are!

Sarah said...

Haha. how cute. :) I've baby-sat a few kids once with my mom's or friends help. It was fun! But I'm more of an animal person than a person.. person, so I pet-sit instead :) Instead of re-hanging up ornaments, I have to clean up "accidents"...

Emily Joy said...

Those are hilarious! Hi, I'm Emily Joy and I came across your blog from Hannah's (The workings of a curious mind). You're blog is really neat!

~Emily Joy